OSL and MEDSCINT sign distribution agreement for plastic scintillation quality assurance equipment
25th July 2023
Oncology Systems Limited (OSL), a major and trusted independent provider of medical equipment and software to the radiotherapy community has entered into a distribution agreement with MEDSCINT, a leading provider of quality assurance (QA) dosimetry solutions for cancer radiation therapy. Under the distribution agreement, OSL will market and sell MEDSCINT HYPERSCINT™ solutions for research use to academic institutions, the NHS and private hospitals in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
The Medscint patented HYPERSCINT™, real-time dose measurement detectors, set the standard for accuracy in demanding applications such as dosimetry of small-fields, MR-Linac and FLASH-RT.
Unique features include:
- Fast real-time dose measurements at multiple locations, simultaneously.
- Water-equivalence, improving measurement accuracy without the need for correction factors.
- Miniature sensitive volume (down to 0.1 mm³), providing sharp spatial resolution.
- Robust hyperspectral stem-effect removal technique, enabling angular independency on 4π.
- Linear response over a wide range of dose rates (from out-of-field to ultra-high dose rates).
- Metal-free detector design, eliminating artifacts when used in high-strength magnetic fields.
“As a trusted provider in the radiotherapy market, OSL aims to offer a full portfolio of advanced dosimetry solutions to its customers. Plastic scintillation detectors have been proven to deliver outstanding performances, and MEDSCINT shares our values for quality and cutting-edge solutions. We are thrilled to give access to our customer base to such innovative and promising technology,” adds Alice Pavey, Managing Director at OSL.
“We help medical physicists understand, develop and deploy modern radiation therapy techniques by providing a new generation of versatile optical dosimetry solutions. Our sales are on the growth path, and this new partnership will allow us to expand our geographic reach, and offer our technologies to a wider audience,” says Jonathan Turcotte, Co-founder and Chief Marketing Officer at Medscint.
Founded in 2018, Medscint is a Canadian-based company that partners with experts in the field to push the limits of innovation in radiotherapy. They aim at facilitating the work of medical physicists and researchers worldwide with their versatile, cutting-edge optics and photonics technology. For more information, visit www.medscint.com.