OSL is committed to promoting sustainability. We aim to follow and promote good sustainability practices, to reduce the environmental impacts of all our activities and to help our customers and partners to do the same.
Our Sustainability Policy is based on the following principles:
- To comply with, and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations (including WEEE) and codes of practice.
- To integrate sustainability considerations into all our business decisions.
- To ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
- To minimise the impact on the sustainability of all office and transportation activities.
- To make customers and suppliers aware of our Sustainability Policy and encourage them to adopt sound sustainable management practices.
- We will continually strive to improve our sustainability performance.
B) PRACTICAL STEPS
When travelling to meetings
- Each field-based staff member has access to OSL’s Electric Vehicle Fleet.
- Reduce unnecessary travel by car. The use of public transport and car sharing shall be encouraged, as practicable.
When purchasing equipment/consumption of resources
- Minimise our use of paper and other office consumables, for example by double-siding all paper used, and identifying opportunities to reduce waste
- Reuse packaging from suppliers and recycle materials when necessary (utilising local facilities).
- As far as possible arrange for the reuse or recycling of office waste, including paper, computer supplies and redundant equipment.
- Reduce the energy consumption of office equipment by purchasing energy-efficient equipment and good housekeeping. E.g. full installation of LED lighting at OSL headquarters.
- Purchase electricity from a supplier committed to renewable energy. Seek to maximise the proportion from renewable energy sources while supporting investment in new renewable energy schemes.
- EV charging units installed at OSL headquarters are available to all staff.
C) WORKING PRACTICES AND ADVICE TO CUSTOMERS
Ensure that any associates that we work with take account of sustainability issues in their advice to customers. Include a copy of our Sustainability Policy in all our proposals to customers.